sick of being hacked

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mark02, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark02

mark02 Registered Member

hi any one got any advice my msn as been hacked and now my facebook i think they getting my password through bebo or facebook i cant delet my accounts has they have changed my passwords and settings ive delleted bebo as well what can i do about this o_O any one help:mad:

2. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

Re: sick off being hacked

Stay off those silly sites. They're all a waste and a privacy invasion.:argh:

3. tipo

tipo Registered Member

Re: sick off being hacked

nice ;)

4. Nitewolf

Nitewolf Registered Member

I don't think much can be done about it. Free mail providers rarely act upon an alleged hack and police ditto. Maybe try an email to your account and see if you get a response. Looking at the mail header may give a clue as to who it may possibly be, albeit you won't get much more info than the originating IP but it may give a clue especially if it's someone you know and you have knowledge of their service provider. Other than that, good luck.

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

A piece of advice for you. For anyone. When you use a free email provider (hotmail, yahoo, google, etc), you should have one that is for you. That you correspond with family and friends. That is all you use it for. Create another for all your account info at places like facebook that seem to be targeted.

I have one for personal use, one for forums and websites that I have to register on, one for online ordering (that is my ISP assinged one) and one for stupid crap. This way, my ordering is local, so I can ask them to help me, the others are segregated so I can not worry about hijacking as you say. I have done this since probably 1997. After a few months, it is easy to remember which one is which, and actually nicer than I thought it would be. Because if I am looking for my username/password for a forum or something, I don't have to look through my computer, or in one email account, I can just go to that one account that has that info.

Another thought for people is to sign up with a free webhost, which gives certain number of email accounts. Then you are admin of the site, and you can do what you please with your mail boxes. You can create a very simple homepage for your free site that says 'under construction'.

Best way to deal with this stuff, especially considering the rampant hacking and such in social networks like facebook or myspace, is to segregate your email accounts.

Sul.

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Well, you know, it's really very simple...

If I have an issue with "X" (X = just about anything...), I
    • Contact the person/vendor/organization responsible for "X", describe the specific problem that I'm having, and request assistance.
    • In the case of unsupported "X", I try to locate an active and supportive user community and appeal for assistance there.
    • In the absence of any obvious support infrastructure, I'll execute a targeted search on the Internet and see what comes up.
    • Finally, I'd start cyberlife over with a new net persona (kind of like a HDD nuke and pave, but involving your online existence). Sometimes it's simpler to start over....
    Virtually any of those steps would help here.

Blue

7. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Contact Facebook and MSN and let them know about your issue, they will delete or reset the accounts for you!

8. Nitewolf

Nitewolf Registered Member

May be out of luck with Facebook if the mail account used to set it up is hacked as well (MSN). My experience with such problems with a few people I know got them nowhere. They were basically told to suck it up. Worth a try though, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.