Shutdown protection?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Buddel, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

We agree on that one ;)

Buddel, are you actually asking for technical specifics from Eset's Lab? No company will ever reveal such an info - this isn't Open Source software ;). IMHO you are expecting too much from every software developper when asking such info.

regards.

paul

2. Buddel

Buddel Guest

No, I would just like to find out whether ESET is currently working on a solution or not, and if they are working on one, it would be very kind of them to tell their customers when this problem will probably be fixed. I would be completely satisfied if they told me and other customers that this problem will probably be a thing of the past, say, within the next six months or so. That's all I want. I don't expect them to give me an exact date, because this is not possilbe.

BTW...snipped - please one topic in one thread; thanks

3. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Buddel, I think, the answer is, that eset doesn't have fully coded and implement all the features in NOD32V2 that on their description site, yet.
    Maybe there are develop currently the sfx feature for better support and their will be an update, maybe in 6 month :D

There...snipped - please one topic in one thread; thanks

bye

iNsuRRecTioN

4. NewNOD

NewNOD Guest

Yea. I've noticed that myself over the months since NOD32 v2 was released.

It's kinda like buying a car that's supposed to have power windows, then you notice that the front window switches are there but the rear window switches aren't. Then you notice that the right front window switch is connected to the windshield wipers and the left front switch is not connected at all.

But be assured, it has a motor and that's what counts; or so they'll tell you.

I guess I shoudn't complain too much, I finally get to use NOD32 v2 after six months of waiting for a fix to the Kernel32 errors. Luckily, this update did something to patch that up.

So, I guess I'll drive NOD32 with the power windows screwed up for a while.

5. Buddel

Buddel Guest

Buddel, I think, the answer is, that eset doesn't have fully coded and implement all the features in NOD32V2 that on their description site, yet.
    Maybe there are develop currently the sfx feature for better support and their will be an update, maybe in 6 month.

I think you are right. However, I doubt that all the features will be implemented within the next six months.

6. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

The shutdown problem is not a simple affair. NAV can be disabled by infections in spite of efforts to prevent this (and claims to the contrary). There is little point in adding a feature that doesn't work, except from a marketing standpoint. Why not just wait until eset gets it right? Doug

7. Buddel

Buddel Guest

Why not just wait until eset gets it right?

It's a good idea, but how do I know that eset is willing to get it right? Are they working on a solution to this problem? They won't tell me, I think.

8. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Wow, protected by NOD32 and bashing it. :rolleyes:

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies and gents,

There's no use in repeating one and the same question over and over again, as is the case in this thread.

Be assured Eset is aware of this issue. Until Eset has news on this topic, I'm closing this thread. Eset reps can re-open this thread or start a new one on the subject as soon as there's news to report.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.