Shutdown problem

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Feivel, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I am running TDS-3 (registered) on Windows XP Pro with sp1. I noticed a Process Guard alert on each shutdown telling me that TDS-3 wants to close a window titled ThunderForm6DC (forgot the exact name cause i am verrry sleeeepy). Anybody have any ideas? I can tell you that this all started after Windows Media tried to run a setup (have no idea why) that PG stopped but the PID was left in Process Explorer and I was unable to kill it with process Explorer or Advanced Process Termination. before you ask, no viruses (scanned with an updated NOD32), no Trojans (scanned with updated TDS-3 and TrojanHunter) and no spyware or adaware (scanned with updated Spybot S&D and Adaware 6).

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, also scanned with AutoStartViewer and/or HiJackthis?
    Windows on auto-update?
    Maybe you saw TDS exec protection in action?
    You can also try to kill a process via TDS > Process List

3. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

It seems the TDS-3 window that I am getting the PG warning about IS the Process List. i don't really understand cause it is not open. Any idea how I can avoid that. Jooske, everything is ok with my autostart.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Feivel, If you have Close Message Handling enabled for TDS3 you will get a human Interface device for it, it is something to do with End Session and Jason is aware of it, hopefully Jason will have debugged for the next version due within the next two or three weeks.

HTH Pilli

5. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

Thanks pilli (and jooske). Funny that it only started happening last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.