Shucks, the phishing email has been deleted!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So a couple of years ago my kids setup a hotmail account for my wife, ugh, the worst of the web mails as far as I'm concerned, but that's not really relevant. They also made it wifesname@... so by now she is getting a ton of spam. A couple times a month she gets this notice about "her" PayPal account, da, she doesn't have one. I've been telling her to just delete it but now I'd like to see what would happen opening the link. Do you think it would be safe to open it sandboxed? Check my sig, I have pretty good defenses. I mostly want to do this to show her what happens, especially if NOD and company start throwing alerts, if you open something that you don't know is safe.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi ratchet,
    If you are doing a demo you should use the same restrictions you would use if you were testing malware as this is what you would probably be doing ;)

You should lock your system down and test inside a VMWare, VPC, or similar image - will be allot fewer headaches in the long run...

YMMV
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.