Should Spyblaster be run after rebooting for protection?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by oe777ael, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oe777ael

oe777ael Registered Member

I know that if I have run Spyblaster, I can close the program and still enjoy its protection from spyware. But I want the official instruction about whether I need to run Spyblaster at least once whenever I reboot my computer, in order to be protected by this program.

2. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi oe777ael
    you dont have to run spyblaster every time you reboot--it works in the background

3. oe777ael

Thanks for your response. Could you kindly let me know how Spyblaster can run in the background WITHOUT being launched by me, after rebooting the computer? Is there somewhere an official help menu that tells us new users such basic information, without us having to post to this forum?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. oe777ael

Please excuse my ignorance. What is the technical explanation for the statement that we do not need to run Spyware Blaster at least once for protection (after which we can exit from it), every time we reboot the computer? How can it run in the background if we have not run the program after rebooting? Perhaps the registries have been modified to run it whenever we reboot the computer?

I have already seen the information from the link before: "SpywareBlaster does not need to remain running to provide protection. After you enable protection for all items, you can exit the program and you will still be protected."

By saying there is no need for the program to remain running, it clearly implies that the program has been run at least once. It does not say EXPLICITLY there is no need for the program to be run by me at least once. This is the reason why I have a doubt.

As spyware has recently given me excruciating pain, I want to be absolutely sure of protection.

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

SpywareBlaster is not a running process.

When u enable all protection it sets a killbit in your registry for all the items listed.

All that is needed after that is to check regularly for updates.

snowbound

7. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Found here;
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=307650#post307650
    Hope it helps.
    Buck

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Or here;
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58113&highlight=spyware blaster work
    Cheers,
    Buck

9. oe777ael

Thanks for your help. As a Global Moderator, are you a member of the organization who offers Spyware Blaster to us? If so, could you kindly let me know what product to eliminate ALL traces of spyware SAFELY you would recommend, for those spyware that gets through to our computer? Spyware Eliminator? Spysweeper?

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

No i'm not.

If u search the Privacy and other Security forums here u will find a lot of info on the apps. u listed along with many more. ;)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.