Should I use DDS10 for Vista Partition?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Dubinvero, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubinvero

Dubinvero Registered Member

I have read a number of threads that cited problems creating a partition with DDS10 for Vista. I currently have XP Home SP2 on a single partition C drive. I purchased DDS10 to partition the C drive and hoped to load Vista on the new partition and operate a dual boot arrangement. After reading many threads I am confused. Can DDS10 be used successfully to create a partition and run Vista in a dual boot arrangement.?

If the answer is no, could I load Vista onto a single partition USB external hard drive and operate in a dual boot mode.?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Derek

2. Lowtrawler

Lowtrawler Registered Member

You can use DDS from within XP Home to partition the drive ready for installation of Vista. When installing Vista to the new partition, you need to get Vista to format the new partition before installation. You should then uninstall DDS as any future operation of DDS is likely to corrupt your Vista install.

3. Dubinvero

Dubinvero Registered Member

Lowtrawler,

Thanks for your help. Later today I will follow your guideline and report back.

Derek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.