Should I upgrade or not??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jon_fl, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I still have version 8.0 build 937; should I upgrade or not? I'm still seeing too many complaints about the latest version. :blink:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jon_fl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that most of the known problems are fixed in the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0. Moreover, our Development Team is constantly working on improving Acronis True Image 9.0 functionality and implementing better hardware support.

If you encounter any problems while using Acronis True Image 9.0, feel free to report them to us by submitting a request for technical support or posting a new thread for each separate issue on this forum. By doing this you will ensure that these particular problems are known by Acronis and we'll do our best to analyze and fix them as soon as possible.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 to see how the software works on your particular hardware and software configuration.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 FAQ page helpful.

If you are satisfied with the work of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. LJSWales

LJSWales Registered Member

I upgraded from V8 to V9 and it was a nightmare. Could not plug an image to look at, explore just use to fall over, it was so slow that it was un-usable. I reported the faults and tech support responded with suggestions.
    However I was also having problems with Internet Explorer 6 and could not use the Windows Update facility through it. FireFox is my default browser. Downloaded IE7 which would not even load. So I decided that I had a problem with my PC. I backed up the system to a DVD and re-formatted the Hard Disc and re-installed Windows XP (Home Edition) and all the software I needed. I initially went back to True Image V8 but today I installed V9 over the top of it. True Image version 9 works fine, it loads ok, it is not slow and there are more features over version 8 and it all works.
    Initially I thought that I had wasted my money but now I am pleased with the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Lionel

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Lots of problems posted about V8 too. Nature of a support forum.

You don't have a reason to upgrade if V8 does everything you want it to and there is no new feature in V9 you want. However, the reality is sooner or later you'll get some new hardware and you'll have to upgrade.

If you want a reason to upgrade, V9 does Files and Folders backup, V8 doesn't. I don't use Files and Folders backup but it is a reason if you are looking for one (to have the latest version).:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.