Should I update? Help me please!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fgaudi, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fgaudi

fgaudi Registered Member

Hello,
    I need for help in using Acronis True Image Server 7.0.
    Our firm bought a license for this product two years ago for a disaster recovery solution.
    That was the goal (ad is still the same):
    Create images of each disk partition of servers in our serverfarm.
    Burn .tib files into DVD (in most case this is possible ‘cause files created are less than 4.7Gb).
    Recover damaged (or new) HardDisk using burned .tib by a DVD Usb 2.0 External drive.
    That’s it…
    This look simple, but reality is a “little” different in last step.
    I see that Bootable rescue media can correctly “install” my usb drive, it’s possible to select the .tib image
    but following process won’t finish correctly.
    It’s a well-known problem of this version or not?:'(
    Do you think I can use a trial version of a newer version (I see that actual one it’s 9.1) to try to reach my goal? :doubt:
    Many thank for your help.
    Gaudì

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fgaudi,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details?

- Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

- Could you please clarify if you have received any error messages during the restore process?

- Could you please verify the image archives using Check Archive tool (Tool -> Check Archive) of Acronis True Image and let us know the exact check-out result?

Yes, you will be able to restore the images created with Acronis True Image 7.0 Server for Windowsversions with the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I take it that you have never TESTED a Restore all these years!!!

Try copying the image from the dvd on to a hard drive (usb or internal) and see if the Restore is successful from the hard drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.