Should I test this in real time?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rockrz, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

I just ran a full backup of my entire C drive.
    So, should I test this live by restoring my PC to make sure it works?

I guess I should. Is this the normal thing to do?

2. Rockrz

Rockrz Registered Member

I wanted to see this product in action, in real time...and it worked :D

It took about 25 minutes, but it restored my hard drive and I was able to bootup Windows in the exact state my PC was in when I captured the drive image.

I'm all set and ready for "disaster".

Reckon I could backup this image file to a brand new hard drive (provided it has been formatted first, of course)? That would be maaja!

3. philip41

philip41 Registered Member

I was going to post this Q, i was thinking the same thing, glad it worked out for you, i will give it a go myself now.

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Personally I would be very wary of testing any software such as disk/partition imaging or creation (eg TrueImage, PartitionMagic,etc) on my LIVE disk unless I had a backup or copy of all my important data on another disk/CD-R/CD-RW.
    I have problems with the current version of TI8.0 (build 786) - image creation appears to finish successfully but image archive verifies as corrupt - the associated current operation task shows in log file as still running with pending operation 104 - Scheduler2Helper and TrueImageServic tasks stay running but give 'not responding' error when try to log off Windows, etc.
    Looking through this forum I see many other users have similar problems with this build.
    Consider creating backup image (on a second disk if you have one) then restore it to a partition other than your live partition. Check the restored partition to ensure it's all correct, boots, etc.
    Just take care of your live data then at the worst you will have to reinstall the OS and all the data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.