Should I run v1 or v2b5 of NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by radicalb21, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radicalb21

radicalb21 Registered Member

o_O New user. I was wondering if I should download v2b5 or v1? I am a registered user of NOD32? Any and all help would be appreciated?

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

hmmm that depends, V1 is the official release still, but v2 beta5 is very near official release, in my opinion I would download both (just in case) which you run is up to you, but beta 5 has very little problems, I have had zero problems with it.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi radicalb21,

V2 is still a Beta. Until it has become an official release, it's recommended to stick to v1.

regards.

paul

4. radicalb21

Thanks for the help. Could either one of you perhaps tell me how to configure NOD32 to work with Outlook for XP office?

5. radicalb21

6. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

:) I am running NOB32 Version 2.0 B5 and I must say it is flawless.

I am very happy with the email checking. I have tried Poco, Outlook Express, The Bat & Incredimail and it automatically checks and signs all these email clients WITHOUT any user configuration or setup required - Now that's IMPRESSIVE.

It means I can use other email clients without having to worry about being protected and not having to spend ages figuring out how to configure them. NOD32 Version 2.0 just works out of the box. This new version must get some very good reviews.

Dave

7. Paolo Monti

Paolo Monti Eset Staff Account

Hi Dave,

Yes, the zero user administration feature of the new IMON is really one of the most interesting news of NOD32 2.0. The so called "Winsock scanner" based on Layered Service Provider works like a charme :) And it uses Advanced Heuristic by default. The same heuristic that was able to stop Bugbear.B and Mapson.A from the very beginning. By the way, Mary Landesman of About.com wrote an excellent article about that

http://antivirus.about.com/library/weekly/aa060603a.htm

Perhaps, in the next future IMON will be extended to cover a major number of protocols (IMAP, FTP, HTTP) in order to supply a complete "real-time" antivirus protection for Internet users.

ciao,
    Paolo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.