should i replace avira free?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wutsup, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey wilders, right now im using sandboxie 64 bit, threatfire, and avira free.

i still have the 1 year supscription to asquared antimalware bacak from november and i was thinking i should replace avira free with aquared anitmalware once version 5 is out of beta since it will be a full antivirus instead of just on execution.

but from what i understand is that mamutu will now be capable with 64 bit pcs in version 5 so if i do replace avira with it can i still run threatfire along side mamutu?

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

There's no good reason to run 2 BBs alongside one another and you may well experience problems if you do so.IMO if you're going with A2AM,stick with Mamutu.

3. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Even with the slight protection loss in 64 bit Sandboxie,(If you do not know, I am sure you do,best read through their forums),With Sandboxie and Avira,assuming a third party firewall,windows Firewall on,or a router) you are probally fine.

"finer" if your browsing Sandbox is configured tightly.
    To me on 32 bit that means drop my rights (default on your set up),plus only the browser exec allowed to start or access the internet.

Maybe a few locations in "resource access">"file access">Blocked access,chosen..

(This last,the blocked file access stuff,is only my own tinkering,I know.)

I always had problems with CyberHawk/Threatfire,but I am ready to concede it may have been a "system specific" thing.

4. torsion30

torsion30 Registered Member

avira is good,I like it.

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I would drop Avira and threatfire and go with A-squared.
    Of course I'm kinda bias.
    *cough* beta tester ;)

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Let this not become an A vs B thread. It will die real quickly

Pete

7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Sorry peter. Just giving my opinion

8. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

yep i ahve my sandboxie 64 bit configured to allow only firefox to have internet and start/run access in the sandbox. and yea the drop rights is already enabled by default in the 64 bit version. and for block access i dont really need it cause my computer is mostly a gaming computer and i dont relaly have any banking information or anything like that.

but maybe ill try out asquared 5/mamutu when its official and if i like it ill stay with it and if i dont ill go back to avira and TF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.