Should I remove Shadowsurfer first?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by beetlejuice, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

Thanks Pete,
    I am a FD-ISR fan for sure. It enables me to play around with different software/setups and restore to a good snapshot by a simple re-boot. I cannot imagine not having it on my main machine. It is money well spent IMO!

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Right you are. I bought it also not long ago. This software has a wide range of possibilities. I'm still thinking about HOW I'm going to use this software in practice.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Erik with FDISR, you will discover you can make it up as you go, and if you don't get right, you can always change.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I know, I know Peter.
    Acronis True Image is a boring software : backup, backup, backup and sometimes a recovery, ... that's it.
    But FDISR is something else, that requires more imagination and brainwork.

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

And THAT'S exactly why I don't recommend FD to most folks that I know ... too many folks in the computing world are just looking for a simple solution to their problems, and FD is definitely a "thinking" man's solution.

Acadia

6. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I SECOND that! No doubt the BEST software investment I have EVER made. I've already used it a couple of times to "play around" with some new programs that I ended up not keeping on my system. No Add/Remove mess...or running Registry Cleaners to remove undeleted entries. Just restored to a previous updated snapshot and back in business in a matter of seconds.

Can't imagine doing that with XP System Restore...and now I don't have to anymore!

Thanks to everyone for recommending this superb program!!! :)

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

As fantastic as it is for this, it's when something first trashes your computer and you can't even get to safe mode, that you really really appreciate FDISR.
    Man that preboot screen is comforting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.