Should I modify this setup?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mitsu3kgtsl, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitsu3kgtsl

mitsu3kgtsl Registered Member

I currently own licenses for KAV6, KIS6, Outpost 4, and BOClean, so please don't factor cost into any comments left for my question.

Currently I have KAV6 as my realtime AV and Outpost 4 with blockpost and the Antispyware plugin running real time. My concern is that the Outpost spyware protection might not be up to par with something free specifically designed to protect against spyware, such as Spyware Terminator. Also, I've seen KIS6 Antihacker and Comodo stacking up pretty well lately in comparisons to Outpost. My question is, out of the followup configurations, which would you choose, and why? I'm open to modifying my setup based on suggestions, so please state some good reasons for your decision. The only thing I'm set on keeping static is KAV (whether it's part of KIS or not) as my primary virus scanner. We have good history :) Here are the following setup's I'm considering:

KAV6 + Outpost4 w/ blockpost and AntiSpyware plugins (current)
    KAV6 + Comodo + Spyware Terminator
    KAV6 + Outpost4 + Spyware Terminator
    KIS6 + Spyware Terminator

Also, I run BOClean, MVPS host file, some immunization tools, IE lockdowns, some light hardening tools, Opera, the usual necessities... so please keep on topic regarding my real time protection. Thanks everyone, looking forward to some good responses!

2. mitsu3kgtsl

mitsu3kgtsl Registered Member

no one? There has got to be a few people that have used and evulated these products. Please don't force to me to and play with every configuration without getting some feedback first :(

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have some limited experience with these programs in the past.

I'll take a shot at it.
    If I was you I would run this setup:
    KAV6 + Comodo + Spyware Terminator

Providing of course,that these programs do play nice together.
    BOClean is a keeper also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.