Should I Have a Simple or Complicated Password for My Truecrypt's Outter Volumes?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Please Help Me, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Registered Member

I am recreating my password for one of my truecrypt outer volumes because the original outer volume password was just too damn long (even longer than the password for the hidden volume). I remade it into a password that's shorter than the hidden volume one, so my question is it better to make the outer volume password much simpler to remember than the hidden volume password? My hidden volume password is over 40 characters long, but originally my outer volume password was even longer (over 50 characters long). But now my new outer volume volume password is barely 10 characters long. Does it make sense for me to make the outer volume password much simpler than the hidden volume one? Or should I make the outer volume password a bit longer and/or more sophisticated to make sure my adversary doesn't get suspicious of me having such a simple password? Please help me to make yourself feel better for the new year (pun intended btw). Is it ok to have a relatively simple outer volume password compared to the hidden volume one btw?

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Most of the planet uses stoopid short passwords, I wouldn't worry about it. You're lawyer should do the talking any way. dOg1)))))))))))))))))))) is pretty fast :D

PD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.