Should bravenet.combe consider as a spyware

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by flutie1668, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flutie1668

flutie1668 Registered Member

Hi

I recently use Ad-aware SE to scan my system and it found "bravenet.com" as a tracking cookies. My question is should SpywareBlaster protect all existing tracking cookieso_O Or SpywareBlaster only prevent spyware being install in certain siteso_O

Thanks

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Cookie protection applies to only those sites that are listed in Spywareblaster's Internet Explorer ad / tracking cookies database.

3. flutie1668

Hi Bubba

Yes I do understand that, but bravenet.com is not one of them in spywareBlaster. Should it be one of the restricted ad/tracking cookieso_O

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Whether or not a site is listed is strictly up to Javacool....but since he does read most if not all the threads here....you have indirectly given him a site to look at for future inclusion into the database.

As you probably know....adding sites to Internet Explorer's Cookie or Restricted Sites section can be accomplished quite easily by the user....if they so desire.

Since Securing our systems is what's important....I suggest you consider adding....IE-SPYAD: Restricted Sites List for Internet Explorer....as yet another layer of protection in regards to Internet Explorer. It does include bravenet.com as part of it's database....which means it will not only restrict what that site can do....but it will also block it's tracking cookie.

5. flutie1668

Is there a forum that I can post about this concern?? This was the forum link that was list in javacoolsoftware website and there's no other way to contact them??

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are in the correct Forum....and have posted a very valid concern....and as I said in my above post....Javacool does read threads\posts in this Forum....which is his Official Javacool Software Forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.