should an attack occur

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Siamese Dream, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siamese Dream

Siamese Dream Registered Member

Man, I must be stupid. (Really, I am when it comes to computers.) I thought my system was being attacked: the cursor had a mind of its own, etc. I think it turns out I need to clean my desk off more often. A book was lying on the space bar. LOL!

However, I'm wondering if someone is trying to nab your sensitive information, is there a visual way of knowing, keystroke movement, etc? Or is there a way of checking?

2. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

Short answer is no, you wouldn't see your cursor moving etc. However, there are many ways for someone to nab your information. If you had a keylogger, for example, it could easily go undetected by you, even if you had a firewall in place. I'd recommend combing through the forums here for all the posts that discuss "security setups" to see what people out there are doing to protect themselves. Some people are satisfied with a good AV and firewall, others prefer to use software that detects rootkits. Others never run outside software outside of a virtual machine or sandbox of some type. It's a tough chore to determine what works best for you, but you have to balance that with your own experience.

3. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.