Shortest update size...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rdsu, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Tassie_Devils, yeah PC-Cillin restarts after each update but KAV is very fast in biting the latest files. i've noticed F-Secure also takes some time to get used to the new definations. as far as i know regarding updating KAV is the best. looks like you're using the Pro version. i wish i could talk about F-Prot in this thread :-(

dear RejZor, rebooting is done to replace parts that are un-replacable for some products so they are replaced during the next boot. there is also a positive side to it. think how hard it would be for some bug to de-activate such products. but thank you for your usual *USEFUL* contribution.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Don't know what do you mean with *USEFUL* o_O
    Reboting AV just because of defs update is ridiculous(unless it updates its heuristics core/program core) and can only lead into infection. Think about it.

AV doesn't detect new malware,it gets updated,requires restart and in the mean time you already got infected with that new malware. Since most of them add themself to startup section,next boot up would mean certain death to your AV/FW software. Its not so single sided after all. I admire AntiVir for example,because its capable of updating program core without system reboot.
    But again they have terrible update system...

3. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear RejZor, i was only making fun of those remarks you make. scks, scrw, sht these seems to be your favourite words. its ok for a chat with friends or an underground forum but at Wilders it is really irritating. there is a difference between program restart and OS restart. Pc-cillin never requires reboot, it restarts itself. as far as those products which requires a complete reboot, the bug will be detected in memory scan or full system scan.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well i don't see whats so irritating about such words really? I mean they are just words. Lots of letters piled in one place. Nothing else. And i don't use them to insult anyone. The only thing that pis**s me are these f*****g censure **** marks everywhere... ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.