Short and Sweet

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Farrar, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farrar

Farrar Registered Member

I have installed True Image 9.0 Home and created a full-image backup to an external 200GB Maxtor drive. I am running Windows XP Home.

I have printed out the 82-page PDF manual BUT before I spend hours reading it can I not do the following to safely backup and restore my data?

1. Create a full image to the Maxtor External Drive.
    2. Schedule incremental backups as I have many files that change daily.
    3. On system failure, reload XP, reload TI 9.0, browse to the image on the Maxtor,right-click and choose restore.

Thanks,

Jeff Farrar

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

It's even shorter than that. As long as you have your original Full backup and ALL incrementals on the external drive, to regain your system in case of drive failure, all you have to do is boot with the bootable TI Rescue CD (make one right away, if not sooner :D ) and, with the new drive already installed, choose the Restore feature, point it to the backup on the external at the appropriate point and your system should be restored.

In other words, you do not have to reload XP nor TI.

3. Farrar

Farrar Registered Member

Thanks for that...I'll create those Rescue Disks immediately.

I also have Dantz Retrospect Express Backup software which came with the maxtor One-Touch BUT everyone suggested not installing it and opting for TI. The Dantz software is very simple and i simply scheduled complete backups 7 days a week. It runs in the background and takes about 35 minutes to back up the 27.5 GB that I have. I may continue to run both as my 200GB maxtor will easily hold images.

Thanks,

Jeff Farrar

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Jeff,

If you are interested, you can use your Maxtor's One-Touch backup feature with True Image Home as follows:

Use the Schedule Task Wizard (select "Operations" > "Schedule Task") to set up a scheduled task and check the "Do not start automatically" option. After that, customize the Maxtor's One-Touch button to run the resultant TI schedule .tis script file. For TI 9.0 Home, this is located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users (or, for some systems, All Users.WINDOWS)\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\xxxxxxxxxxxx.tib.tis

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.