Share photo's while maintaining privacy?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wilbertnl, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I enjoy activities with 'strangers' whom I find at www.meetup.com. From these activities are photo's taken and a member wants to send me the pictures.
    But I don't want to give out my email address and other contact information.
    Besides a second email address for this purpose, are there any other comfortable options available?

Thank you!

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi wilbertnl, You could use a Disposable e-mail address or perhaps upload the pics to a file sharing service like rapidshare and give them the link to download the pics. Perhaps another option would be upload the pics to a place like imageshack.

I hope this helps. I wish I could give more info but I rarely need services like these.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Drop.io was made for you! Create a drop (as many as you want or need) and you and your "friends" can upload/download what you want. You can keep the drops alive for a year, a month, or an hour, it's up to you. Each drop has a phone number that you can leave unlimited sized mp3 notes or messages, you can do the photo thing obviously, leave text or pdf files on your drop, you can create a "name" for your drop in the URL (or use the random letter/number default assigned), it allows for real-time chat, on and on. You get 100mb per drop free and it even advertises you can create as many as you want. Excellent service, I use it all the time. The uses are endless, seriously.

edit: I meant to tell you, you can upgrade a drop at anytime for $10 a year for one gigabyte $20 for two gigs, etc. The free should suffice though really.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.