share openvpn from guest to network

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ealpumrabert, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ealpumrabert

ealpumrabert Registered Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Hey guys,

I bashed my head for the last 12 hours trying to find a solution for the following setup:

I want to setup a server that will route the connection trough 2 VPN providers. I had the setup on the server, but unfortunately, I cannot restore the Vbox. The person that made the config for me the first time is nowhere to be found so I am forced to retrace the steps. Bare with me, as it`s quite complicated to explain...:

On server I have w7 64 bit with:

VPN1 - first openvpn provider
    LAN1 - direct internet access
    LAN2 - used for sharing, connected to main PC trough a cross cable. Main PC LAN: LAN3
    VB1 - host only adapter 1
    VB2 - host only adapter 2

I chose not to use NAT on any, because I don`t want internet sharing if any VPN fails.
    I used windows XP as install for the guest system. I added a secondary adapter in the guest:

VPN2 - 2nd openvpn provider
    IN - (host only adapter 1) - guest system is supposed to get internet trough it (VB1)
    OUT - (host only adapter 2) - guest should share VPN 2 and send it trough LAN2 (VB2)

What I managed to achieve was:

- share VPN1 to IN adapter.
    VB1 -
    IN -

Next, I shared VPN2 trough OUT
    OUT -

Now, I have no idea how to send OUT to LAN2, as I cannot share 2 connections under w7 (under any windows I think..)

I tried setting LAN2 with 192.168.140.xx/ but with no success. The above configuration should be correct as this is the setup I had. It should work by setting 192.168.140.xx/ on LAN3, but it doesn`t. Bridge won`t work.... It`s quite frustrating mostly because I had it working.. Thanks for your patience and I hope I will get the saving tip from you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.