ShadowVPN on MAC OS X

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by dstar, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstar

dstar Registered Member

Hi, i thought maybe someone could help with a problem on here? I have given shadowvpn a try, as my ISP has taken to blocking legitamate (to me) sites, but cannot get it working using Tunnelblick on leopard, anyone been succesful ? It won't connect so won't ask for my username/password.

I can vm into windows xp and get it working, just not on os x! Have emailed support for shadowvpn but no response yet.

If no one has encountered this, no worries :) if they have, did they find a solution ?

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I know at one time tunnelblick had problems on leopard, you may know more about that than me, but I think the devs were working on it.

3. geazer40

geazer40 Registered Member

taken from another site

You need at least version 20071011-01, previous versions do not support OpenVPN on the Mac.

dont know if this helps you

i think you are better posting here because steve answers more questions on here than his own forums :)

4. dstar

dstar Registered Member

thanks for replying, using the tunnelblick downloaded form the shadowvpn site, and up to date (except for 1 iteration I believe) Leopard.

Hopefully support will get back to me soon, otherwise I will have to cancel, which would be a shame, as I have used xerobank before and that worked very well, just too expensive!

Actually should mention that, xerobank DID work through tunnelblick, it's shadowvpn that doesn't, so maybe something is wrong with the mac credintials that are currently supplied ?

5. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  6. dstar

dstar Registered Member

no joy I'm afraid, have pm'd you as can't find your email address.

7. magian

magian Registered Member

8. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.