shadowprotect: backup failed

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Banshee, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Hi,

I am trialing sp desktop on an old p4, 1.3, 128 ram .If I try imaging with sp not installed the backup fails. I tried backing up from cd and I get this error:
    ---
    Under Timing, my time.Under Module, Sptask.Under Code, 516.Under Message, Sbrun.exe exited with uknown error 128(080)
    ---

Also, it does not find network adpaters if i choose that option in the pre-boot screen.

All works fine with SP installed.

I wonder if it has something to do with the low ram ?:eek:

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

how much ram does the pc have?
    shadow protect desktop backed up my old p3 system with 256mb ram from the cd when i tryed the full evauation.
    lodore

3. Banshee

HI Lodore,

As I wrote above,128mb. Its prob not enough

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

On the Desktop V2 recovery scenario I can't install the network adapters either(nvidia) but that has been fixed for v3. We will have to let grnxmn step in but the recovery CD uses WIN PE which isn't XP, and 128 Meg of ram may just not be enough.

Pete

5. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

I think you need 256+MB RAM for the recovery environment to operate correctly. We used to have a flavor that worked with 128MB but it lacked a lot of hardware support. I'll look into this and see if we can do anything for those of you with very little memory.

6. Banshee

I should get my other pc back in a few days so I'll be able to test sp properly.Thanks anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.