ShadowProtect 4.2.1 Released...

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by napoleon1815, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

2. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Thanks. Installed it on my laptop and runs fine. Made the recovery CD and also did a USB flash drive with recovery and the USB flash drive boots up the recovery disk much slower compared to previous version. Wish this were not so but it is on my laptop. Anyone else?

Gary

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Yep, same here (take a look at the SC forum....several reports of slow booting into the SRE).

Also, there appears to be an issue with the system time changing after booting into the SRE and then rebooting. Doing so had the effect of setting my clock back exactly 8 hours. This has been acknowledged as a bug and has been submitted to the developers.

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

For now, if I restore an image of my system with the previous version of SP on it, will it still let me run that or will I have activation problems and thanks.

Gary

5. prius04

I *think* you should be okay in that scenario. Frankly, at this point I'm holding off doing anything that could result in activation issues on weekends since telephone support (which is the quickest way to get those issues resolved) is only available on week days.

6. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

Wish they'd accept Paypal or some other direct payment option. I hate using credit cards on line. Just paranoid I guess.

7. prius04

Have you tried contacting the sales department directly (sales@storagecraft.com or 801.545.4700)?

Also, they have reseller partners, one or more of whom might accept another form of payment --> http://www.storagecraft.com/reseller_partner.php

8. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried that, but no resellers anywhere in my area (I'm in Canada) and they'll only accept direct purchase orders from business customers for invoicing.

9. prius04

Well, the two ideas that came immediately to mind were:

1) Ask if they would accept a credit card order over the phone (assuming you wouldn't mind giving them your CC, and other, information via telephone).

2) Ask if they would accept an order via regular mail, where you would send a check to SC in advance (obviously, they would ship after the check cleared).

EDIT: If you're willing to spend an extra 5 or 6 bucks, you could use one of those Visa (or other brand) gift cards. You would just load it with the amount necessary for the one purchase.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.