ShadowDefender Users get in here

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Serapis, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serapis

Serapis Registered Member

We all know Tony hasnt made an appearance or replied to anything sent to him around the early months of this year. When signing on the forum just 10 minutes ago I saw the admin post (ie Tony's post) in this thread; http://www.shadowdefender.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=107
    and clicked on to view his profile to see this.

http://b.imagehost.org/0659/Pic_1.jpg
    His last visiting date was Dec 1st this year.

So what can you make of this?? :doubt: o_O o_O :blink: :eek:

There is much speculation goin gon in this thread: http://www.shadowdefender.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=467
    , if Shadowdefender users like to further mobilize their efforts to scrutinize and solve this mystery.

So why should I care? you may ask, well because if this is not Tony and the account is hacked then we are in a bit of a pickle due to the liklihood that the executables we download from the SD site could be compromised. MD5 checksum comparisons of the 1.1.0.325 are appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the info etc, good catch ;)

Bit of a mystery isn't it ! If it's not him it could be someone he trusts logging in on his behalf to get/send PM's etc as he is unable to ? Or maybe as you suggest :(

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

The post he answered was from January 3rd of this year. Almost a year old. Maybe the Chinese had him locked up all this time. Who the hell knows, but you made an important find. If his account was hacked then they could replaced SD with a rogue. I hope it was him posting. It would be great to know he is alright!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Opps.. i did not see the other link. It does not look like it was Tony that left the post. It would be great to find out who the hell is using his account! Knowing how the Chinese Government operates has made me very concerned for his well being, and I don't even know the guy.

5. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

I am the Shadow Defender Global Moderator. I have written and private messaged Tony during the period of the rumours and the login by whoever used the "admin" nick but have (as yet) not received a reply. As far as I understand (even if that account was hacked) that particular login does not have the status or permissions to do anything of significance to the site or the software because (as I understand it) it is a global moderator permission green, real admin is red. If someone had hacked the site itself as full admin maybe you would see new permissions or mods being demoted etc. I don't believe that Tony would have visited the site (and having seen the situation) not left a brief note for me explaining his situation. If someone had a lucky break and hacked admin they haven't made much use of it.
    If Tony was available to look at a pc I'm sure we would have heard something from him.
    There have been major disruptive disasters occurring in China recently with many people killed and millions of people moved/evacuated etc, that could be one scenario, that Tony got caught up in something beyond his control is ill, lost or has lost property/home/ etc and the ability to live a life as before.
    The other scenario that comes to mind is the government censorships and security measures that have occured in his own country. I tend to lean towards the second scenario because Tony mentioned to me that he was not allowed to use or view You Tube and things of that nature.
    I tend to think that someone is monitoring the site but they are not in the business of a takeover.
    The other software that emerged recently that used Shadow Defender links was so obviously not of Tony's doing and so badly put together that it (in my opinion) it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.