ShadowDefender Exclusions

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by tiptop78, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiptop78

tiptop78 Registered Member

Using ShadowDefender for the first time. Can anyone advice me on what to exclude? would it be Antivirus etc.

I am using Eset, and Threatfire, do I leave them running when going into shadow mode, or shut them down.

Thanks

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Exclude any folder in which you wish to keep new material - that could include your AV/etc., My Documents/Music/Pictures/etc, your mail client postoffice, and so on.

The AV will always catch up on the next update, your personal documents are another matter. If you update/download/create in shadow mode and don't commit the changes, they are gone on restart. Exclusion is the cleanest way to handle these.

Blue

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

A frozen system partition + exclusions = Swiss cheese = vulnerable to malware.
    I didn't exclude any folders or files in my system partition, not one and I keep my frozen mode ON as long I'm on-line.

A frozen system partition requires another style of working and has its own specific problems.
    Most users keep on working like they always did and only added another software to what they already have. :)

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Depends on what you exclude.

5. tiptop78

tiptop78 Registered Member

Thanks to all, for the advice.

regards

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

No, it's not Swiss cheese, or any other cheese for that matter.

It's no different than if I create folder X on any partition, place a piece of malware in that folder, and simply leave it there. There has to be action beyond that to render the malware active.
    So? The point is not the path taken, but the result achieved.

Blue

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Ditch the AV and go with just ShadowDefender and dont worry about it.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.