Shadowdefender.com has been suspended

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ichito, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Shadowdefender.com is back
    ...and the Mystery is so...:doubt:

2. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

Update from yesterday is that spammers are bombarding the Shadow Defender forum...no other activity or pms from admin/Tony etc.
    At the present time I don't have any confidence in the forum, the new software or the "owners" of the current site. Even though someone has put the forum back up again there is no administrator actively engaging as one would normally expect.
    The spammers are dropping birthday links for today when they join and website links in their contact profiles members list (which I can't remove). I can ban them by name but my ability to ban ips is broken in the phpbb software, (which whoever put the forum back up hasn't fixed) I can't remove membership (only admin can do that) so the links are lying active in the members list and new members can now join because the forum is up again. I think whoever re-opened the forum did that because when the forum was broken it was inaccessable and have done this purely as a vehicle for spam. Scores of new non posting members joining each day and dropping their spam and without the tools (a working admin/moderator control panel) and the authority it is almost impossible to stop this.

Patrick (Shadow Defender mod)

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

How could "someone" make themselves ADMIN and Login as such, unless they had some kind of real access ? So it was/is Tony, or someone he has given the PW's to as he can't access for whatever reason, or someone dodgy !

I still believe the versions we have, before Tony went missing anyway, are Definately worth keeping & using.

One day we "might" find out what's really been happening, until then it's just speculation, as interesting as that "can" be !

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Actually, its quite easier then you might think, especially the older versions of UB.

5. Crane_Mann

Crane_Mann Registered Member

I realize I am a day late and a dollar short, a friend just pointed this posting out to me.

I have version 1.1.0.325, I don't remember when I bought it. Should I be concerned? I've had it a long time now and generally re-boot every other day or so. Maybe once a month I turn off Shadow to do updates, then right back on again... o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.