shadow user-Error 0-the driver

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Perman, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I just installed shadow user pro v.2.5 trial version. After reboot, I got a small alert window indicating: Error 0 communicating with the driver, please reinstall the program. I followed the instruction and did a repair, reboot, but the problem remains. I have FD-ISR, outpost firewall, KAV 6 ,blackice, and winpatrol plus. Is any of these security apps having something to do with this problem? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Re: shadowuser -Error 0-the driver

Found this.
    http://forums.shadowstor.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=22

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, ronjor: Many thanks to your prompt help. I went to the link and learned that the Tuneup Utilility may be the cause. I do have Tuneup 2006 installed. I will get the bottom of it this evening when I have an ample time. Thanks.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hopefully, it will be simple. :D

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I'm using ShadowSurfer (not User though) with TU2006 - no conflicts.
    Mrk

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

May I ask why have you got Outpost and BlackICE running together?
    I was under the impression that firewalls like antivirus applications do run into conflicts most of the time and if that's the case it could affect shadowuser.

You could also try to ask advice in the FD-ISR forum if there is any known conflict. If I were you I would start uninstalling BlackICE and see what happens. Software conflict is a real pain in the back I'm afraid.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There is one person who indeed is running shadow user and FDISR together, but frankly I'm not sure I see the point. I agree I'd unstall Black Ice and start there.

Pete

8. twhk000

twhk000 Registered Member

Hi there

i had the same error and this what they said to me

"This error means one of two things: There is a driver conflict that is preventing our driver, shadow.sys from loading or security has changed and preventing the UI from connecting to the driver.

Please check the system event log to see if there are any errors related to shadow.sys, ShadowUser or other applications.

Support"

Knight

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Member "wilbertnl" knows how to combine FDISR with ShadowUser.

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Excuse me for jumping into this conversation. ShadowUser and DeepFreeze are known to have compatability issue w/ some imaging apps. I tried ShadowUser w/ FD-ISR and so and so (see my earlier posting) and to no avail. Now I use DeepFreeze's newest version v.6 w/ BalckIce, and so and so but less FD-ISR, and it does work flawlessly. Perhaps my experience may provide you some clues.

11. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Wilbert, It appears you know how to setup FDISR and ShadowUser to work together.

Have you used EAZ-FIX and ShadowUser together? If you have, was there any problems?

Thinking about downloading ShadowUser for a quick look-see and a little play. :p

John.

12. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Hello All,

The reason that I spent some time with ShadowUser combined with FD-ISR was because I wasn't happy with the freeze function of FD-ISR.
    Here is the thread that discusses my attempt.

To answer John's question: No I haven't tried to combine ShadowUser with eazFix for several reasons.
    Actually I don't see the point of this combination, since in eazFix/Rollback RX it's possible to schedule a restore to the same snapshot at each boot (and by that way discard any changes to the filesystem). My experience is that snapshot restores in eazFix/Rollback RX are so fast you hardly notice.
    The scheduled restore is basically functioning identical to SU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.