Shadow protect v3 image manager won't connect

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Banshee, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Hello,

last night I purchased a copy of shadow protect desktop edition. I played around with it and created a few images +incrementals. I wanted to have sp3 collapse the incrementals but I can't do it. The image manager won't connect !

I followed the instructions in the help files but I must be doing something wrong because the image manager won't connect.

How do I get image manager to connect ?

Thanks,

B

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Banshee

I assume you assigned a password when asked for during the install process. Start up the image manager and click on file. Then click on connect server. Again assuming you are using a local machine, leave the hostname defaulted to local host, and leave the port number at default. Enter the password you selected at install and click connect. That should work.

Also note you can collapse incrementals manualing using image tools, from the main GUI.

Pete

3. Banshee

I assume you assigned a password when asked for during the install process. Start up the image manager and click on file. Then click on connect server. Again assuming you are using a local machine, leave the hostname defaulted to local host, and leave the port number at default. Enter the password you selected at install and click connect. That should work.

Also note you can collapse incrementals manualing using image tools, from the main GUI.

Pete[/QUOTE]

Hello Peter,

No, I haven't assigned a password. I have done as you suggested but when I click connect it stays "not connected".:eek:

4. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Make sure that your firewall isn't blocking the TCP port specified in the ImageManager.exe.config XML text file.

5. Banshee

Done. The TCP port is not being blocked the the manager does not connect.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.