Shadow Protect upgrade question?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm going to be upgrading from SP Desktop Edition 3.5.2 to 4.0.1 soon, and I need to know if I will need to download an updated ISO image to create a recovery CD. I have recovery CD version 3.5.2. Is there an updated recovery CD that I will need to download for SP 4.0.1? Also does image manager come included with SP 4.0.1 or does it have to be downloaded separately? Thanks in advance!

2. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Perhaps better to ask rhis on their forum?

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Thanks for the reply Hugger! I already posted my above question on Storage Craft's forum yesterday, but I still have not received a response from them. I know there are a lot of user like myself on Wilders that use Shadow Protect so I figured if they already are using version 4 or made the upgrade to 4 then they would know.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would download the new ISO. There are a few changes in the offline version.

Pete

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Thanks Peter2150! So there is an updated ISO for Version 4. I did not know there was an updated rescue CD because I have not purchased the upgrade yet. I'm trialing V4 at the moment, and will be upgrading soon. Thank you!

6. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Why upgrade? I did - and see no differences.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  7. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Just keep in mind an upgrade does not renew your activations whatsoever. Not a problem if you only use the recovery cd.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There are some neat new features, which may or may not be useful to you.

One example. If you are an FDISR fan, and buy a new OEM Win 7 x64 computer. The 100mb partition can be a niglet for you to install FDISR. There is procedure for manually fixing this in the FDISR forum, but it's a bit tricky. With SP 4.01 you can delete the 100mb parition and fix the boot problem by simply backing up and restoring.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.