Shadow Protect Desktop ver.3.0 vs. 3.3

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by screamer, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Quick question. Currently running SP 3.0 on win XP SP3 w/o any issues at all. It runs 5days a week to two ext HDD's. Alternate days to alternate drives.

What are the benefits/differences of upgrading to ver 3.3?

...screamer

2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I've attached a file that sort of outlines the changes (mostly resolved issues) from v3.0 to v3.3. Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

3. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Hello,
    Is Shadow Protect still being gay with their activation scheme? I've been waiting for this "feature" to drop with new releases. Probably not any time soon?
    How many times can you reformat/reinstall the app before they can our license?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Your license never gets canned, but you might have to call them to get it reset.

You can forget that feature being dropped. After their experience with ShadowUser, it's here to stay.

Pete

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

It's a tough call. So many other developers manage to handle registrations in ways other than that silly monitored activation process. It's kept me away from ShadowProtect. But, whatever. I still use Powerquest Drive Image 2002 - the final release from PQ before the buyout. It's one great piece of software. Plus, I don't have to worry about how many activations I have left before I am hassled by hard nosed (some may say paranoid) developers. There's got to be better ways. Like I said, everybody else manages it.

6. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Thanks prius, it's appreciated.

...screamer

7. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

I agree... the activation hassle is the one and only thing keeping me from buying SP. I realize they want to keep their product from being hacked... but from what I've read, it is an amazing hassle to go thru to re-activate it when you change hardware.

8. rodnh

rodnh Registered Member

If you are moving to new hardware without an HIR restore of an existing system, just deactivate on your old system and reactivate on the new one. If you are doing an HIR restore to different hardware, then nothing is required. The old activation follows right along very nicely. I know because I just moved my system to new hardware w/o any activation effort at all. For me, Storagecraft's activation policy is a non-problem and a non-issue. No amazing hassle at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.