Shadow defender whith virus? and was compatiblewhith bullguard

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by aktiffiso, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aktiffiso

aktiffiso Registered Member

Hi wilders Ii want to ask you about that issue i see in virus total that detection from symantec and want to know if the installer are clean i downloaded twice times on diferent days whith a week of diference from your official site

~virus total results removed as per policy

My second cuestion was 1.- I installl shadow defender 2 i install bullguard 3 i set protect bullguard resources against termination 4 windows dont start and i have to shutdown whith power button 5 i turn on whit power button and all works well aparently.

Affter that

1.- I uninstall shadow. 2 I install bullguard. 3 i set protect bullguard resources agains termination 4 reestart windows and everything ok

It means bullguard are incompatible how can i check my security suite (Bullguard) and Shadow defender works properly alongside both together. In bullguard they say i have to uninstall sd and no give me a solution or test, but i use sd to test software I hope you can help me

I am in a dilema

1.- IF shadow has virus i unsinstall it and look help to remove malware but i think was a symantec false positive

2.- If shadow defender was not infected and was not compatiblewhith bullguard and i can not test bullguard and shadow works well alongside. What do you recomend? 1.- Uninstall bullguard and use other product alongside Shadow (I think thevirtualiztion are more secure than virus signatures of bullguard) or stay whith bullguard and uninstall Shadow. What do you recomend?

seeya and god bless you and sorry for my bad english i am spanish native

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  2. vojta

vojta Registered Member

3. aktiffiso

And what do you thing about the bullguard issue must i have uninstall bullguard and use for example shadow defender widnows defender and firewall windwos and traffic ligth wot and win patrol or stay whith bullguard and shadow defender and ignore issue and what kind of test i can do to be sure bullguard and shadow defender works well togetther I like bullguard for low resourcs consumntion incluse are faster than windows defenderbut that incompatibility inquiets me.

And another cuestion bro is there a forum about windows problems?

I dont fint it and want to ask somethings

Thak you and god bless you

4. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

It is not a virus it's a Norton/Symantec false positive problem look at link post 2838 here

Example here

5. vojta

vojta Registered Member

There are other good free antiviruses like Avast, Avira or Avg and also many paid solutions. I think Bullguard is not indispensable. You can check their protection and performance (impact on your system) here:

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/

When you choose one you can see if there is any known incompatibility with SD by searching the AV's name in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=293075

By the way, the Symantec detection at Virus Total seems to be based just on 'reputation': The file is very aggressive and not very well known. Nothing to worry about if you have downloaded it from a clean source.

6. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

aktiffiso, like you, I use Shadow defender for trying out other programs. In my opinion, it is the best program of its kind for that purpose and I recommend you keep it and find an antivirus that work well along SD. Personally, I don't like conflicts or workarounds, if BD is conflicting with SD, get rid of it. Thats my opinion.

The Symantec detection is a false positive. You should know that it is normal for the SD installer to always have one or two antiviruses flag it down when you submit the installer to Virus total. To be safe, you should always get the installer from the SD official site. In my case, if I submit an installer that's being out for a week or a month and its only flagged down by a couple antiviruses at VT, common sense tells me that the installer is clean.

Saludos dede Centro América

Bo

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  7. coffeetime

coffeetime Registered Member

Probably false positive as others noted.

Though Shadow Defender's good, it falls short and second-rate to Deep Freeze.

Deep Freeze is more secure (DF has no holes/leaks like SD, you can easily exploit SD users like planting a keylogger or formatting the drive...see the thread sdmod linked).

Plus Deep Freeze is fully compatible with other software like AX64 Time Machine, try it yourself :)

8. aktiffiso

Thank you for all your answers I confess i feel a litle sad when i dont recive more notitifcations about your opinions and i trust on you i read every time i can your post and try to learn beter my english.

You recomend me to use Deep Freeze but i dont have money to buy it and dont see any giveaway I know Deep Freeze are too good than shadow defender. Respect Sanboxie sometimes it are a litle complex to me (I am not habituated) and SD likes too much because sandobx system when system starts.

Respect macrium reflect and rollback, rollback are atractive but i dont have money too u_u and about macrium reflect i am litle fear because that machine have uefi bios and are very strict some time i try to restore system whith recovery partition and all system crash and have to buy system recovery cds...

Respect the sugestion to keep shadow defender and find one compatible software. I see too much bugs in too much security software incluse in clean windows instalations.

For example avast scans stops sometimes and dont go ahead and never know the cause of this issue i think it damanges my hard drive.

Panda Cloud i see too much people infected whith this protection

AVG i see overchargue system and those based on vipre antivirus send me too much FP

Avira I think are incomplete because i read in some place dont have heuristic.

Comodo scans computer in 10 minutes all computer and nobody says me why because i think is too less time to a whole and comprhensive scan, i think it have some errors

Webroot I dont know how good as it but i see it dont stops eicar viruses and i think its not enoug proactive than bullguard or windows defender

I think the reazonable decition are windows defender (Windows :cool: some webshield like wot webutation or traffic ligth and finally winpatrol plus who i buy very cheap, and windows firewall I think win patrol complements it whith a something like hips and of curse shadow defender do you think its a good combo I have a collection of boot cds like gdata and kaspersky.

I like or are entusiastic whith avast but that error stops me to use it and worryes me harddrive damange.

What do you think about my combo and the avast error and sorry to include too various topics I think that was related because i want to use something compatible and works well whith shadow defender.

Oh and in the threat you say me i dont see nothing about software incompatible whith Shadow. Sorry and sorry to answer too late but now is my work day

Thanks for be to entusiastic and solidary comunity i hope retribute and anounce as soon a giveaway because i am hispasoftware co administrator

Thank you as i always say god bless you

Wait your answers and stay watching because i dont recive e mail notifications

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.