SG TCP Optimizer build 3.0.3 is now W7 and Vista compatible!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

This came out last month, but i'm sure a lot of people haven't kelp up with SG TCP Optimizer. Its a great utility, and i have been using it for years. It really helps to speed up your internet. Now its vista, and windows 7 compatible. Here's the link http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks Cutting_Edgetech. I am also using it since 2007. Currently I have optimized my internet via its latest build (3.0.3).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Cutting_Edgetech, very thanks for bringing this update up here.
    I had a miss on this new build.

4. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

But high speed internet on Vista and Win 7 works great right out of the box, why do you need to run TCP optimizer on them. I have used TCP optimizer extensively with WinXP, as WinXP is usually not optimized for high speed internet out of the box but never needed it for Vista.

Are you people having problems with Vista/Win7 default settings?

5. Boyfriend

I have one Mbps connection, while Windows configuration was like three Mbps. I adjusted it according to my connection speed and everything is fine now. That is why you need TCP Optimizer or do it manually.

6. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Speaking for myself, no, because I am waiting on my win7 ultimate dvd (it's on the mail), and I only used it on xp pro, with the oldie CableNut's Adjuster, and I acheived good with those two. I will surely test it on my next setup because I think the SG folks knows their stuff way better than me.

Btw, did you make some comparaison tests, if yes have you some numbers by any chance ? And did you show them there? What was their saying? (no :rolleyes: here, promised!)

7. Raza0007

Vista and Win 7 automatically adjust according to your bandwidth. These adjustments happen in real time while you are downloading, so you always get the max allocated speed on your package. Were you having trouble getting max 1 mb speed from your connection before?

I have nothing against TCP optimizer, I have used it extensively, however, in my opinion its tweaks are not needed for Vista/Win 7

8. Raza0007

I am sure you will not need to use it on win 7, as the TCP stack in Vista/Win 7 is an improvement over winxp. I do not have numbers but I had a 1 mb connection and Vista's default setting worked fine on it, then I upgraded to 4 mb and again the default settings allowed me you use my connection to its max download capacity.

XP on the other hand needed to be first tuned to the 1 mb package and then to the 4 mb package, using TCP optimizer, otherwise my download speeds were noticeably slower.

9. Boyfriend

I know Win 7 has included re-written TCP/IP stack and it can adjust its parameters according to available bandwidth. It works for me on some boots, while slow speed on others boots. With TCP Optimizer, the parameters are fixed (optimally) for my connection (1 Mbps). Now everything is fine at every boot. Previously, I was using TweakNow WinSecret to optimize my connection, but TCP Optimizer offers more options/tweaking and solved the problem.

10. Raza0007

Yes, if you need to change your TCP parameters then TCP optimizer is the best. I was just surprised you felt the need to use it over win7's default setting. But if it works for you then it is OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.