SG in task bar

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lordfields, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordfields

lordfields Registered Member

I do not make a habit of making posts in forums, so I hope I get this one right and the pc jargon is correct. Anyone ever come across this slight annoyance before?

Every once in a while I get the SG icon appearing in the lowerpart of my screen on the tool bar (not the task bar to the extreme right) - just the red SG icon with a blue background - as if I had been looking at the SpyWare Guard programme on my screen and reduced it.

For example I have Spyware Guard open now and it reads: SG Spyware Guard and the other, the one I am talking about, says only SG. It's seems to appear about the same time a screensaver would kick in. I can left click, right click to open or close - and no way will it leave!!

The only way I can get rid of it is re-boot the pc and return.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. lordfields

Isn't it typical. When you want this rogue icon to appear, it doesn't!

However, I did have success just a short time ago when I returned to my pc with the screensaver running. When I closed down the screensaver, there it was - the little SG icon in the task bar.

Perhaps this latest appearance indicates it shows when the screensaver kicks in?

As suggested, I have attached a screen shot using ScreenHunter.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2005
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Ok....your SG icon is not showing in the systray....but instead it is showing on the taskbar that the SpywareGuard program is running.

If this is XP....it is a known bug where by it will sometimes not show all the icons in the systray on boot up and it is not unique just to Spyware Guard....and happens with many program icons. If you re-boot....does that normally fix it....or does it always show as a program running in the taskbar ?

5. lordfields

My SG icon is in the system tray (but hidden) and running.

The SG icon on the task bar only seems to appear, I recently discovered, when the screensaver kicks in. If I re-boot my pc it does disappear.

The rogue icon cannot be removed until I re-boot the pc.

I suppose the easy answer is to auto hide the task bar!

;)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

or don't use a screen saver :eek:

just kidding

7. lordfields

:D I will take off the screen saver to see what happens.

I have just taken a break during the England / Bangladesh cricket Test Match to find that rogue icon back!

OK, Screen Saver off it is!!

8. lordfields

Well, the screen saver being taken out still didn't make any difference!!

Twenty-four hours without it and the rogue icon appeared again this morning.

I guess it'll be to auto-hide the task bar now.

:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.