sfc / scannow

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bamaman66, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

Has anyone had any success running sfc /scannow without the cd? I have tried using the information from one web site and I have not been able to get it to work. I keep getting the menu to insert my cd. If anyone has been able to run the test without the cd I would like some help. Thanks in advance.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Maybe THIS will help.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Alway's state the OS! Include the SvcPak your system came installed with, followed by the current SvcPak level and whether it was installed as an update. Unless integrated, SFC will always ask for the disk that doesn't exist. VBdotNet provides a reasonable overview incase you're dealing with OEM, the way I had to do it way back when.

4. bamaman66

I am using windows xp home edition with service pack 3.

5. bamaman66

My biggest problem is determining which i386 file to use.

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

I'll ask once more .... the starting service pack your box came installed with? It wouldn't hurt to state whether it's a second hand box, or if purchased, make and model. Choosing to omit questions will have you dealing with someone perhaps not willing to go the distance.

What else can you tell us as your situation applies to previously posted link's? That you don't have a disk I'll assume your box came preinstalled. How about a recovery partition, have one of those (if you can't see it then are there any options upon entering your boot-screens setup utility, some key combo, many manufacturers provide the ability there)?

If as you say, your biggest problem is determining which i386 folder to use, this page should spell it all out.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.