SFC exe files changed after installed

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by BlueStar50, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueStar50

BlueStar50 Registered Member

Would a radius.td3 update file cause these files to change after the program was installed and SFC run? I have only been running this program off of the Internet so it shouldn't have somehow automatically updated them since it is a trail version from what I understand. I don't know of what I could have done to change them but I think I did play with a plug in while offline (phone disconnected) since I didn't know what I was doing. But I don't know why that would cause an exe file to change.

[D:\50 Sec\Eval_TDS-3 AntiTrojan\Ext.Adv]
    dec_as01.exe Updated 1.00 05/05/200 1.00 07/15/200 Yes
    dec_asm.exe Updated 1.00 05/16/200 1.00 07/15/200 Yes
    [D:\50 Sec\Eval_TDS-3 AntiTrojan\Ext.Plug]
    bdknock.exe Updated 1.00 10/22/200 1.00 07/15/200 Yes

2. BlueStar50

Is this a hard question or a dumb one? I'm not apt to buy the program until I know an answer. Should I contact support on this one?

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I hope you don't mind BlueStar, but people are not always around due to various circumstances.
    But i don't see any problem with the plugin you mention? what changed then?
    They are no windows system files so SFC should not react on them in no way.

If your TDS is not registered you should get manually the new radius.td3 update from the TDS update site, every working day.

If SFC did say those files have been updated, i don't think so, i see no logic in that. Only if you re-installed but still then, those would be the original files and radius doesn't touch them either.
    Change in system clock?

4. BlueStar50

It is the trail version so re-install had nothing to do with it. I do know what caused it now. After installing it Norton Disk Scan reported errors (timestamps) in it's folder (which I had forgotten about until now) so I automatically let it fix them. I've checked the Norton Undo file and it's time reflects the same time that all 3 of these files where changed (thus SFC recorded them as updated, since it updated their timestamps).
    Thanks anyway since your post reminded me of the undo file which resolved the problem.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad that you found it! Happy trialling!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.