Sextracker

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by caldwdp, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caldwdp

caldwdp Registered Member

I found this with spybot. It seems that I cannot delete it. When I found the files using winxp find and tried to delete the file a windows problem mesagwe came up, the same message you get when a problem has a fault. The message askes if you want to report the problem to ms. How can I get rid of these files.
    Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi caldwdp,

You need to post a HijackThis log (a reply here in this thread) and have it analyzed by those that know how to do that.

See this post for instructions:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

I'm going to move this thread to the proper forum section to have your log analyzed.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Sextracker stuff is usually just cookie-related.

Are you saying that SBS&D couldn't remove it? Could you post the exact message, as well as that line from the SBS&D report?

Are you using Internet Explorer?

If so, could you try using the Tools/Internet Options/General screen to "Delete Cookies" , "Clear History" and "Delete Files" making sure you put a check-mark in "Delete all Offline Content" when doing so and then clicking "Okay", "Okay"?

Next close IE and then run SBS&D again - check SBS&D for updates, first - (you should always close your browser before running it - I guess you know that) and see if it comes up with the same problem again.

Let us know. HTH Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.