Severall instances of wmiprvse.exe starting Up?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tom772, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Hi, Today i turned on my PC and ProcessGuard alerted me that ''c:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiadap.exe'', which i disabled as i have never seen this before. Then I went to taskmanager and there were 5 instances of wmiprvse.exe for system and network, so i stoppd them and searched for it on my system. I found it C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem and there was a large Prefetch file 116KB(I deleted this one).

I had a look in my event logs and found this;

Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries.<--(anybody know waht this means, as i havnt deleted anything lately??)

I did have alook at Event id.net, but there wasnt really anything i found helpful, so i was wondering if any one has any ideas as to what has happened inregards to all the instances of 'Wmiprvse.exe'?

I will be really greatflull for any help and
    advice,

Regards

Tom

2. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Hey again, I was wondering could this having some to do with Rootkit Revealer creating a service while dumping its hive, before scanning. Then not deleting it once it was shut down, so when I next restarted windows this temp service would try to load this service, hench the many extra wmiprvse.exeo_O?

I am not sure but as i have never seen this before, but this is what a friend said it might have been!

Thanks again

T

3. T772

T772 Guest

No ideas!! Oh well, not too worried, T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.