Setup is preparing your computer for first use”

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Paragon_Matt, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

When using the P2P Adjust wizard to restore an image to different hardware, there's a possability that users could experience a re-occurring message at Windows startup that states “Setup is preparing your computer for first use”.

The error occurs when a Windows installation was not completed correctly. The error will not have been displayed on the original computer, and is only visible after restoring an archive and performing a P2P adjustment.

Steps to correcting this error:
    ****NOTE: It always recommended to perform a backup before editing the registry.

1. Within Windows, Click Start - Run, type 'regedit' and press Enter.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup

3. Within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup you will need to change the following values:

**Here is an example of what the registry values could look like

"SetupType"=dword:00000000
    "SystemSetupInProgress"=dword:00000002
    "SetupPhase"=dword:00000004
    "CmdLine"="" (This field should be Blank )
    "OOBEInProgress"=dword:00000001

** This is what the values needed to be changed to:

"SetupType"=dword:00000000
    "SystemSetupInProgress"=dword:00000000
    "SetupPhase"=dword:00000000
    "CmdLine"="" (This field should be Blank )
    "OOBEInProgress"=dword:00000000
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. stoopgj

stoopgj Registered Member

It worked! It decreased my Win7 start -up time by 15 seconds to 36 seconds. Thank you!
  3. nesanmano

nesanmano Registered Member

Hi, I did the registry value changes. It solved the problem but, when trying to log into the windows 7 default Administrator account it says : Your account has been disabled.Please see your administrator. I went into safe mode and created a new local administrator account. I wish to access my windows default administrator account. Although, I don't even see the windows default administrator account on Logon screen. Please Help me.

My Laptop has windows 7 home premium.
    I tried CMD net user administartor/active:yes
    does not seem to work because
    THE Command completed successfully does not appear in cmd.