Settings Issue

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dallen, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Dallen, I just want to thro this out. The red X , the diabled NAV is a common problem. It may not be the same problem you are having. I had it before I had PG. I tried everything posted by support on their web site. Finnaly gave up and got NOD32.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi,WilliamP

Very Good choice NOD32.

TheQuest :cool:

3. dallen

dallen Registered Member

William P & TheQuest, I am 100% certain that this problem is associated with PG. The problem began immediately after the installation of PG and both my systems are identically configured. I've heard a lot of people rave about NOD32, but I am satisfied with Symantec and am confident in their system and think that they have earned their position in the market. I know that others are not as loyal; however, this seems to be a matter of personal preference. If I ask you which AV is better, you may argue for NOD32, but many would chime in with supporting evidense in favore of NAV. So who really knows, right?

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, dallen

I am not saying NOD32 is better than NAV.

I do not use Symantec products any more because of their high resource usage. and the conflict's with other software.

In no way do I think You are wrong to stay with a Product you like and trust.

I hope you get your system running smooth and bug free soon.

I wished I knew how so I could help
    With regards
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Given the choice between any of my security programmes and Process Guard, Process Guard would win hands down, any other security programs would have to run with it but that is just my personal opinion. :D

6. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Dallen, NAV is a very good AV. I would still be using it if it hadn't started acting up. But if you will check the history on some of the security forums you will find a lot of people with NAV disabling itself for no apparent reason. Hope you get everything straightened out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.