Settings and Actions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beethoven, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am using Blackspear's recommended settings and feel very comfortable doing so.
    One setting I am not yet quite clear on is the recommended action in the various modules.

In Amon the recommendation to prohibit access and show warning alert seems clear to me.

In Imon I am wondering why the default clean + quarantine version is preferred to the alert option. What is the risk that something is cleaned by mistake? Do I lose out on security if I keep the alert without automatic cleaning?

In Nod32 basically the same applies.

Thanks - I think Nod is great and this forum is excellent.

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

It's recommend to keep a copy of the infected file because if it's a FP (false alarm) or it's a repairable threat, you can restore it.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Personally, I wouldn't quarantine anything detected by IMON but NewHeur_PE viruses. With the growing number of worms, it would easily mess up quarantine and there's almost no chance IMON would report a false positive (well, this might happen very occasionally with the HTTP scanner, but not in the case of worms).

4. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

o_O Thanks guys but I am still a bit confused.

How often do you actually get worms, trojans or virii?
    I have been using NOD for about 2 months now (at max setting) and haven't had a single alert :D
    Mind you, I am not complaining :D

My underlying question is whether to leave the action setting to "alert" and then decide on a case by case basis whether to clean, abort, delete... Is that not a good procedure and if not, why not? o_O

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I'd say for your situation try it and see how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.