Setting Up True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikesmartt, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikesmartt

mikesmartt Registered Member

I am using True Image 9 on a Dell XPS 710.
    When running True Image inside Windows, the program sees all my external drives (two, one firewire and one USB) and I backup to one of those. But when I make a bootable CD and try a full boot up from that, it hangs. A simple boot without drivers etc works fine but then I can only see the drives inside my computer (currently C:) and can't back up from the external where the backed up files are.
    Also, when I try and set up a secure zone, it goes through all the processes right down to reboot but then no sercure zone is created. I presume I can't set up the zone on c: and that the zone has to be bigger than the partition holding windows?
    I am planning to upgrade to Vista in a couple of months (when various driver issues are sorted out) and True Image 10. That should work better?

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Generally a later version does improve matters where rescue disk compatibilities are concerned. You didn't mention which build of v9 you were using, but I would make sure it is at least 3677. Now boot your rescue disk and check the version of that too - it has been known for users to download a new build, install it and forget to update the existing recovery disk from an earlier build.

If that does not get you any further on have a look at the Sticky at the top of the forum

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

in particular part "II" and using "quiet acpi=off noapic"

F.

F.

3. mikesmartt

mikesmartt Registered Member

Thanks for that advice. I obtained the latest version and it is all working nicely thanks. Hope version 10 is as good in Vista when I finally take the plunge.:shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.