setting up full system scan as a scheduled task

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Soul_Flame, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul_Flame

Soul_Flame Registered Member

I'm running Windows XP.  I'd like to schedule a TDS-3 full system scan to run, say, every other night at 2am.  Is anyone familiar with how to do this?  When I click on 'add a new task', I can select TDS-3 but if I've already got it running minimized, I doubt that will invoke a full scan, maybe it'll do the startup scan, but that's about it.  I"d like to scan everything, including all logical drives.

Any ideas?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Re: setting up full system scan as a scheduled tas

Add the following parameter: -scand C:\
    I have not seen one for a full system scan.  With luck someone else has and will jump in.

CrazyM

3. buylowsellhigh

buylowsellhigh Registered Member

Since a full system scan takes about 45 minutes on my pc, it would be nice to have the task manager run it in the small hours of the morning.

I was glad to see the -scand C:\ paramter, so I can at least get the c drive scanned, but if there isn't some way to allow the FSS to be done by task manager, it would be a good idea to have it added to the program.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It should be able to do via a SS3 script as well but i wonder......... yes, vaguely think it's possible:
    need a script that will launch a full system scan, and have it set as the autostart script. Then have task scheduler launch TDS at the desired time.
    If only was known a command for that FSS to start with, for then also an exe could do it voice commanded if we want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.