setting up full system scan as a scheduled task

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Soul_Flame, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul_Flame

Soul_Flame Registered Member

I'm running Windows XP.  I'd like to schedule a TDS-3 full system scan to run, say, every other night at 2am.  Is anyone familiar with how to do this?  When I click on 'add a new task', I can select TDS-3 but if I've already got it running minimized, I doubt that will invoke a full scan, maybe it'll do the startup scan, but that's about it.  I"d like to scan everything, including all logical drives.

Any ideas?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Re: setting up full system scan as a scheduled tas

Add the following parameter: -scand C:\
    I have not seen one for a full system scan.  With luck someone else has and will jump in.

CrazyM

3. buylowsellhigh

buylowsellhigh Registered Member

Since a full system scan takes about 45 minutes on my pc, it would be nice to have the task manager run it in the small hours of the morning.

I was glad to see the -scand C:\ paramter, so I can at least get the c drive scanned, but if there isn't some way to allow the FSS to be done by task manager, it would be a good idea to have it added to the program.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It should be able to do via a SS3 script as well but i wonder......... yes, vaguely think it's possible:
    need a script that will launch a full system scan, and have it set as the autostart script. Then have task scheduler launch TDS at the desired time.
    If only was known a command for that FSS to start with, for then also an exe could do it voice commanded if we want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.