Setting up Crytosuite as a server using a Netgear Router and Norton Firewall.

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Tony H, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

Setting up Crytosuite as a server using a Netgear Router and Norton Firewall.

Setting up Norton.

open Norton

click on Personal Firewall

click on 'configure' in right hand panel

Set firewall slider to 'Medium'.

click on 'Programs' tab and look for Cryptosuite.exe in program list. If it is not there click on 'add' and navigate to Crytosuite folder, find Crytposuite.exe, highlight and open. select 'Permit' in pop up window.

In the Netgear Router, access the router browser window at the router's address (192.168.0.1) For further help checkout the netgear website ( http://www.netgear.com/products/consumer/prod_router_wired_hm.php ) and find your router and support pages.

Cryptosuite has first to be set up as a service which then has to entered in firewall rules; as both inbound and outbound connections.

Click on 'Services' link on left side of page.

Click on 'Add Custom Service' and enter name of rule as 'Cs inbnd' set for TCP and set start and finish port as 5094.
    Click Apply.

Again click on Add Custom Service' and enter name of rule as 'Cs outbnd'. Set for TCP and set start port as 1000 and finish port as 20000. Click apply

You should now see 2 entries in the Services window.

Next; click on 'Firewall Rules' link. You should see a heading 'Outbound Services' and below that a heading 'Inbound Services', each with four (4) buttons below.

In 'Outbound Services' click on 'Add' button. In the drop down menu against 'Service' find and select the service 'Cs outbnd'. In 'Action' box select 'Allow always' and in the LAN and WAN Users box select 'Any'. Set 'Log' to 'Match'.
    Click 'Apply'. You should now see the 'Cs outbnd' entry in 'Firewall Rules' - 'Outbound Services'.

Below that, under the heading 'Inbound Services', click on 'Add'. Against 'Service' find and select the service 'Cs inbnd'. In the 'Action' box select 'Allow always' and in the LAN enter the address that your router uses to talk to your pc. (You can find this by looking at the 'Attached devices' page under the 'Maintenance' heading on the left hand window. If you have more than one device attached to the router, make sure you use the correct address.) In the WAN Users box select 'Any'. Set 'Log' to 'Match'. Click 'Apply'. You should now see the 'Cs inbnd' entry in 'Firewall Rules' - 'Inbound Services'.

Click on the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page to apply the new rules and log out.

When setting up Cryptosuite as a server be sure to enter your own current ip address into the 'Sever' box, your own password and nickname. Leave the port as the default 5094

No promises and no guarantees, but it should work - did for me.

T.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks Tony, Very useful information for Norton firewall and Netgear router users.

Much appreciated. Pilli :)

3. r00t

r00t Registered Member

So this software will send and recive encrypted info over the Internet?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

CryptoSuite includes an encrypted chat server / client. The server or client can be on any CS users PC and can include simultaneous instances of both. Using CS chat no one can intercept your messages including government agencies and your ISP.

Here is the help file info':

CS Chat

The Chat section of CryptoSuite allows you to securely communicate in realtime with your friends and family. Everything sent and received is encrypted and can only be interpreted by your machine.

CryptoSuite uses RSA key exchange with a HMAC combined with 256bit TwoFish and RijnDael encryption. This method isn't vulnerable to any attacks, including man in the middle.

5. r00t

r00t Registered Member

Right ok, and this works by connecting to a central server of some kind? I cannot get on the main site at the minute to read more on this subject.

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

r00t, No each pc with CS on it can run as either a client or server or both simultaneously. There would be no reason from stopping you running one from a central server for any CS clients with the correct pasword.
    I can run a client and a server on all three of my machines at the same time if I want to over my LAN as an example of what can be done.

Pilli

7. r00t

r00t Registered Member

Cheers Pilli. One more question, although I think this should be emailed really but I will ask now I'm here.

The price is 39.95 USD - As I am in england, would that for me be 19.81 GBP?

8. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi r00t :), try using this online universal currency converter.

Regards,
    Jade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.