Setting to hide one's online status?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by TheWindBringeth, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

It appears that logged-in members are shown to other logged in members and guests in the Currently Active Users list. Something which I typically don't see and forgot about. Looking through the User CP, I don't see a way to hide one's status from being displayed to (non-admin) others. Is there some setting I'm overlooking?

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, strange you havn't received any replies ?

That option isn't available to us, because i "think" Admin has made it that way ?

Be nice to hear officially though :thumb:

3. TheWindBringeth

At the time I asked I really wasn't sure if vbulletin was one of the forum products that supported it and a couple of searches didn't help. However, I subsequently found info about "invisible mode" in some vbulletin related information and spotted such a setting surfaced to users in two other vbulletin forums. So I, too, am now leaning towards this being a "choice" on the part of this boards admin(s).

I've never actually installed/run any forum software on one of my servers, let alone vbulletin. So I have no idea what (version specific) configuration, load, etc issues there may be. Perhaps there is a good reason why such a feature isn't enabled/available here and the admins have more important things to do than explain that.

All I'll add is that if it is one of those "one day when we have the time... if people want it" kind of things I think I'd encourage it. Seems like a good privacy feature to have. Then again, what was it... Tapatalk I think... that someone thought was a good feature to have but LowWaterMark mentioned some complexity/issues that an ordinary user wouldn't be aware of.

4. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

5. TheWindBringeth

Thanks for the confirm and link. Apologies for overlooking that earlier thread before starting this new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.