setting kav update without confirmation

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tobamore, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobamore

tobamore Registered Member

Hello, I have recently installed kav 4.5 as an on demand scanner only, nod is my real time protection and I want to use Windows XP scheduler to update kav without confirmation, is this possible? I currently have to confirm the update check and wish it to be fully 'automatic'.

As always, mtia,

#
    T.

2. kurdadam

kurdadam Registered Member

put a "-q" (without quotes) at the end of the command at the task scheduler...

3. tobamore

Thank you fgor your reply but this does not work, the command is displayed as "C:\Program Files\Common Files\KAV Shared Files\avpupd.exe -q"

Can you please advise?

#
    T.

4. kurdadam

i've been using it for a long time with WinXP.. it should be:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\KAV Shared Files\avpupd.exe" -q

with the quotes. This sometimes doesn't work if you don't use a password for winxp..

hope this helps..

5. tobamore

Ahh, now that works fine. Thank you very much! :)

#
    T.

6. kurdadam

7. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

If you use sleep mode, and you have the task scheduled, you can click the settings tab of the task properties, and then under power management tick the box that says wake this computer to run the task.

If the computer is in sleep mode say around 4:00 AM in the morning, and 4:00 AM is when virus defintions updates are scheduled, then the computer will wake up, download and install the updates, and then about two minutes later the computer will go back to sleep. During this whole process, the monitor does not wake up. It will stay in sleep mode during the updates.

Now this works fine for somebody like me that uses sleep or standby mode, and they want to update virus definitions when the computer is not being used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.