"Set Up files corrupted"

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mom37385, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom37385

mom37385 Registered Member

I've uninstalled the old SpywareBlaster and have tried to install the new 3.4 version. It slowly downloads to 50% then jumps to "download complete"; but whe I try to run it, I get a message that says, "Set up files corrupted. Download a new copy of the program." I have tried many different download sites but he same thing happens.

Can anyone help? I don't like being without SpywareBlaster! :oops:

2. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Do the following.

1. Open SpywareBlaster and select "Disable All Protection"

2. Close SpywareBlaster (and the AutoUpdate Configuration program, if open)

3. Open Add/Remove programs (click on "Start" in the lower left corner of your screen, then on "Control Panel", and finally on 'Add/Remove Programs")

4. Search for the SpywareBlaster entry and uninstall/remove it

5. Reboot

6. Run RegSeeker (this is optional, but recomended)

7. Fix all problems found and create a backup

8. Reboot

9. After you have followed these steps download a new copy of SpywareBlaster 3.4

Regards,

snowboard

3. mom37385

mom37385 Registered Member

Thank you, snowboard! I had done the first 5 items on your list before I posted the original item and was just getting nowhere. Then, after reading your response, I debated for a whole day about running the RegSeeker because of the dire warnings about making changes to the reistry (computer stupid here). However, the problems were just getting worse (we couldn't download a darn thing) so I plunged ahead with the rest of your suggestions and guess what? It works! We downloaded SpywareBlaster without a hitch as well several other updates to other programs we haven't been able to get.

Thank you so much! :-*

mom37385

4. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Glad I could help :D

Regards,

snowboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.