services.exe, sms.exe and svchost.exe?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dja2k, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I looked around and I know that services.exe is not to be allowed to install driver/services, but what about Athurize to terminate? Also svchost be defualt I guess is allowed to terminate, is that right as well? Same goes to sms.exe? Sorry for the questions, I hadn't used ProcessGuard for a while, getting acustomed to it again.

dja2k

2. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

What about Rasauto.exe ? i've been seeing this one lately and have no idea what it is. I've set it to "Deny Always" and have noticed no ill effects.

Mike

3. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i only have winlogon.exe and csrss.exe authorized to terminate, except for another third-party program that, unfortunately, requires it..

i am not sure what the default settings are for other things like svchost.exe and smss.exe..

there might be some other processes that need authorization to terminate protected processes, like, for example, if IE or "explorer.exe" was "crashing", and something like "drwatson" tried to close them.. if PG alerted me that drwatson tried to close IE, then i would "allow" it to "terminate"..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks for the reply redwolfe_98

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.