Service pack 2! Are you having problem's with it?

Discussion in 'polls' started by NICK ADSL UK, Aug 28, 2004.

?

Have you had any problem's installing service pack 2?

1. YES

19 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. NO

97 vote(s)
    78.9%
  3. I'M NOT SURE

7 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi BigC73542, No fun at all:

For those in the UK PC Pro Magazine has the MS SP2 CD included this month,

They also have a free dis' of Suse linux 9.1 personal ISO on the DVD version - I gues you won't be using that bigc :)

Cheers. Pilli

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I have only had one minor problem. My printer worked before SP2 but not after. The solution was simple, just uninstall and reinstall my printer and all was fine. Other than that, no problems and I have had SP2 for a couple of weeks now on XP Pro.

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

hell yeah i am sp2 causeing all kinds of problems with my fave security applications

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

just did a reinstall (partly because of SP2) i installed SP2 first thing after install; installed AV, and couple of other things to get me going. then i went to windowsupdate, install activex and this is the best bit, after scanning me it said error xxxxxx. so...

Service pack 2! Are you having problem's with it?

yes

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Iceni60, have you tried to shutdown your antivirus before going to windowsupdate. :)

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Don Pelotas. i'll give it a go. i did look up the error, just in a normal google search, and one other person had the same problem :D . it was fixed by disabling afew things then downloading something else :eek: :eek: . i like your idea more. ive been installing and screwing around now for along time with this reinstall, so i hope you dont mind if i dont try it right now. im using ff now etc.
    thanks for the help :cool:

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, i don't mind at all. The only reason i suggested it was because it happened to me once some time ago (not SP2). I hope you get it sorted soon. :)

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for your help Don Pelotas. i went to WU last night and it worked fine :D

9. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Nope, NO problems at all - I received the CD and ran it on 2 computers - both are running fine ;)

10. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

First major upgrade from MS in 29 years that works without problems here

:D

11. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Finally got it to install correctly. Had to order the CD.

12. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I iinstalled it this morning--so far no problems at all
    Rita

13. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Couldn't wait for the CD any longer, wiped out my modem, my connection, getting all kinds of broken up files? BUT, my printer finally works!!! :)

I'm sure I'll find out what I did or didn't do, but, I'm too happy now!

Marja:cool:

14. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I installed SP2 on my wife's computer a few nights ago and the computer slowed down quite noticeably. I removed and re-installed SP2 and it works perfectly; as good or better than before. I just installed SP2 on my own computer last night and my computer definetly seems faster with no problems whatsoever. The only thing I changed was to let me decide when to install the updates after Auto Update downloads them. I'm running ZA Free and NAV 2005 and they are recognized by SP2 and working as they should. I installed both from Windows Auto Update. ;)

15. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

my d link dsl200 modem wont work properly with sp2, dlink has told me the driver is not compatable, an no word on an updated 1.

16. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi folks
    The poll is now closed and as i expected most of you have had no trouble with installing the service pack 2. I would like to thank all the members that voted and made a reply to the thread. As for myself i installed from the Microsoft website with my setting on to automatically download it as and when the time came. You may be surprised at that but i have always found the Microsoft website to be reliable. Many thanks to all of you who took part in this poll

Best regards

17. smoknmirraz

smoknmirraz Guest

since my lovely windows automatic update install of windows serv pak 2, my norton security is #@$%^& - up big time. have to disable norton security to get online even if I disable the window's firewall. tried a norton reinstall - no go.

18. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I wouldnt say I'm having problems but it is annoying sometimes.

Jimbob

19. ?real deal

?real deal Guest

I downloaded this link and it worked - it is not a virus, it just fixed whatever database was screwing things up. http://www.michna.com/kb/fixdb.bat

20. tuleby

tuleby Guest

I could not install SP2 on my Ferrari 3200... I get Blue Scrren at every boot... I had to run in safe mode and uninstall SP2 to get my copmuter to work again...

21. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Get in touch with your laptop supplier, usually they can tell you what you need to do such as update your BIOS etc. Or a patch for SP2 to allow install :)

Pilli

22. noden

noden Registered Member

As soon as I installed sp2 and rebooted, the color was reset to 4-bit (lowest color setting) and it would not let me change it. Along with the color, the icons were extra-large and I could not find a way to change it back. I have restored my computer back to sp1.

23. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Outdated chipset and video drivers would be my guess. Back to SP1...ouch....vulnerability and exploit city!

Out of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of PCs I've installed SP2 (I'm assuming the OP is referring to Windows XP sp2..after all theres various MS Office SP2...Windows 2000 SP2, Windows NT 4 SP2, etc etc....)....I've only had one upgrade crash on me..and it was on a PC that was infested a bit with malware from those hideous peer to peer file sharing programs.

24. marcromero

marcromero Guest

No problems here, operating system and all installed software work properly.

25. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I have a Windows XP Pro CD with SP2 included. Installation is a snap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.