Service Pack 1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Avo, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avo

Avo Registered Member

Hello,

I have Windows XP home edition
    and still using Service Pack 1 :oops:

Is it possible to:

- Use/run True image 9.0 with Service Pack 1 and make an image ?
    - Install Service Pack 2
    - And in case of problems with Service Pack 2,
    restore to Service Pack 1 ?

Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Yes. Make an image of your C partition assuming that's where Windows is installed. At least validate it after you create it so you will have some confidence in it particularly if you have never used TI on the machine before.

Do the validate with the Rescue CD since TI goes into the Linux environment (which is the environment on the Rescue CD) to restore a system partition. This will ensure you can see the drive your archive is stored on and you can access it OK from Linux.

3. Avo

Avo Registered Member

I installed the trial of True image 9.0.

At startup it shows:
    The Trial version of Acronis True Image Home is fully operational but works only for 15 days.

Making the image was ok
    (considering the image became 32gb instead of the 20gb it shows at start)
    Also the option to validate directly after the image was completed went ok :)

Then i tried to do what SeekForever suggested and validate the image with the Rescue CD i made.
    Now i was very surprised when a popup mentioned:
    The selected option is not possible with the trial version.
    To purchase the full version please consider online order at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/sales/online/.

So i can only check if it works on my system by buying it
    and not by running the trial version o_O :thumbd:

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's certainly a mistake on Acronis' part if you can't verify an image with the trial Recovery CD. Obviously, that's important in verifying that the software works for you.

A work-around is to actually restore the image. If you have another hard drive that you can put in place of your current boot drive, restore the image to it and confirm that it boots properly. That's really the acid test that the software works on your system.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Avo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that as you already figured out the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is limited when booting from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. Namely, one can only restore an image when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. It is fully functional in Windows and you can validate the image archive when running in Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.