Service 'ESET' service' (ekrn) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priv

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by andrewset, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewset

andrewset Registered Member

When trying to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus, I get the error message:

Service 'ESET' service' (ekrn) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

First I had the trial version of a previous ESET, which wouldn't let me upgrade to the full version--every time I clicked on upgrading, it told me it failed to upgrade--and I read that you can't upgrade from the trial, you have to install the full version and put in your information then, so I uninstalled the trial version and downloaded the full, but the full is what isn't installing. I wonder if this problem has something to do with the previous version not being fully uninstalled prior, though it seemed it was, and the computer was restarted since then. Anyway, any advice? :)

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello andrewset,

Give Cudni's advice a try and let us know if using the ESET uninstaller and then reinstalling helps.

Thank you,
    Richard

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.